Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A cheerful addition to kitchen decor, DIY


I loved this project! So simple, so fun, so cheerful! I got this fella from my friend Heather who had him in a box to sell. She said I could have him, cause she is so sweet like that! After sharing with her what I wanted to do, I took him home and got to work.

He is a copper jello mold pan.
I wanted him red though! Using cardboard and a can of red paint I already had on hand, I sprayed 2 coats of paint on him (letting him dry for a few hours in between coats).

 I hung him in the kitchen only to get a picture of him complete.
He now lives up above a cupboard in my kitchen with mason jars, a vintage toaster, and Mrs. Butterworth.


Such a simple and frugal way to add some cheer to an area in the kitchen! What do you think? Do you have something, that with a coat of paint would add some new cheer to your home?

Speaking of adding cheer to the home, look at our new additions! More on them at another time.


2 comments:

  1. Oh YAY! He's so perfectly matched with his little friends up there and he certainly does add cheer! He and your strawberries perfectly compliment that green. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That amazes me, cause I just love the charm of your home! Thanks again for him!

      Delete