Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

One Pan Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Pasta

This dish I have made 3 times now. It is becoming one of our favorites. It is versatile in that I have made it a little different each time and every time it comes out yummy! The original recipe I found on Pinterest which led me here for the complete instructions on how to make. Two things I have learned about my cooking: one I need to go ahead and spend the money needed for ingredients I wouldn't usually buy, in order for me to make something tasty for my family. The other is that I like not having to follow a recipe exactly. I am learning that I enjoy cooking when I can make it my own. So that is what I have done here. 
Ingredients I used were: avocado oil, smoked sausage, garlic seasoning salt, half a can of diced tomatoes, a scoop of roasted tomato cream cheese, about 1/2 a cup of creamy havarti cheese, 1/2 cup canned evaporated milk, 1 can chicken broth and about 8oz dry pasta. You can truly add any kind of cheese, milk and noodles. I have made with garlic flavored cheddar cheese, added sour cream, and used several different types of noodles too. I have found this to be a forgiving recipe...that's my kind of dish! But again if you want the recipe I originally used see it here

Now lets cook! First I swirled around my large pan some oil then added the sausage sliced up and sprinkled some seasoning on it. I lightly brown the sausage.

Once the sausage is ready I then add the can of chicken broth, milk, canned tomatoes and noodles. I give it a good stir, let the mixture come to a boil, then cover and turn down to cook around 12-15 min on low. I stir the mix every few minutes and re-cover (just because stuff tends to stick to the bottom of this pan)

Once the noodles are done I then add the cheeses and give it a good stir, and let it all melt in. 
Then it is time to enjoy. I serve it up usually with a salad. Yum! 

 What's for dinner tonight?

Print Recipe

Linking up at: Faith Filled Food For Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment