Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Chicken Enchiladas



I found this recipe on Pinterest, I got the full instructions from here
This was easy and very delicious to make and I was able to adapt it to what I have on hand as well as our taste buds.


Ingredients:
2 cups shredded chicken
6 flour tortillas
1 can chicken broth
1 small can green chillies
1/2 can of diced tomatoes
3/4 cup of sour cream
3 Tbs butter
3 Tbs flour
1 cup shredded cheese
garlic seasoning to taste

The first thing I did was shred the chicken and seasoned a bit then mixed in some cheese to the shredded chicken. I used what cheese I had on hand 1/2 havarti and half colby. I then placed some of the chicken mixture on the flour tortillas, folded and placed fold side down into a greased baking pan. I continued until pan was full.
Then I melt the 3 Tbs of butter into a sauce pan on medium heat. When it is melted I add the 3 Tbs of flour and stir to mix the flour in. I then let it cook for 1 minute.

I then add 2 cups of chicken broth and let it thicken on med-low heat. Once it has thickened I added the sour cream, chilies, and crushed tomatoes. Pour over the the enchiladas, top with the rest of the cheese and bake for about 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. When finished baking turn on broiler for 1-2 minutes to finish melting the cheese. Enjoy!

Print Recipe



5 comments:

  1. These look delicious! My family loves anything with chicken (pretty much anyway). Found you at the Modest Mom blog link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I usually put all the extra stuff, like the chilis, on the inside and just the cheese and premade sauce on top. The boy and I love sauce with lotsa "stuff" on ANYTHING so this will totally make our day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete